Utrecht Aantal uur per week: 40
The organisation as a Service tribe is continuously busy with improving their product with the motto "You build it, you run it". Striving to have the highest possible uptime, great performance and best in class levels of security. That's quite an ambition and you can't get there without an automation-first approach. Our customer prides themselves on the fact that they don't do manual changes in production and that they automatically validate our environment before deploying.
As a Principal System Engineer you’ll get a chance to contribute to building an enterprise-grade SaaS platform from scratch and maintaining it. As part of the team, you'll be expected to lay down the foundation of a highly secure, robust platform and related processes to ensure our software runs smoothly in production as well as making sure it complies with industry standards.
What will you do as a Principal System Engineer?
As a Principal System Engineer you design things but you also build them. You're part of the development team and will help lift the product to the next level. Your day to day job will consist of working on the Infrastructure as Code for the organisation as a Service either by contributing PR's yourself or by reviewing the work of others. You'll also get a chance to actively participate in the refining of the architecture as decisions are taken by the team. For our customers that are already running in production you will also be on call (approximately once every six weeks) for which we strive to not trigger any alerts but we'd rather focus on automating responses on events that might happen.
Using your experience you assist in the delivery by being in close contact with our customers (both internal and external) and you help translate their ideas to items on the team backlog. By closely aligning with the organisation as a Service product manager you help shape the roadmap and manage expectations on the customer's side.
By coaching colleagues you'll be able to do your work at a larger scale throughout the organisation improving the system engineering discipline and our product at scale.
• You have a background in programming, preferably in Java;
• You're not afraid to use CLI based tooling and you have experience in maintaining and troubleshooting Linux based operating systems;
• You don't want to just report the problems but you want to fix them;
• You have strong communication skills allowing you to drive initiatives and decisions inside and outside your team;
• You are experienced with Cloud environments and using desired state configuration to manage this (Terraform is preferred);
• Containerised workloads have no secrets for you;
• You have experience with Kubernetes;
• You have experience working in a regulated environment (SOC2/ISO27001/PCI-DSS);
• You have 3 years of experience in a similar role running workloads on public Cloud;
• AWS Cloud certs are nice to have (SysOps Administrator/ DevOps Engineer).
What our client offers
This responsible and challenging job naturally includes a good salary and pension.
Then feel free to contact Fernando Miller via email@example.com